At TWRFC U8s we play non-contact tag rugby, balancing the development of core rugby skills with match time.
In addition to home training, which takes place on Sunday mornings through the rugby season, we travel to festivals and to other local rugby clubs for joint training sessions.
U8s is for children in school year 3. We have a mixed group of boys and girls and welcome new players irrespective of their playing experience.
Get in touch now to arrange a taster session:
2016/17 Season Parent Comments:
- "Hi James, Just wanted to say a big thank you to you and all the coaches for your efforts this season. Every week you all make it enjoyable for them and the enthusiasm rubs off, its really appreciated. Many thanks, have a great summer, and E will be back next season. Regards, R"
- "Hi James, I just wanted to say thank you for everything this season and I'm planning on bringing O to the Under 8s! Cheers, S"
- "Hi James, Thank you for providing X with such a welcoming introduction to rugby. It has become a favoured topic of conversation. From the few sessions we've been able to attend he has developed a lot in a very short space of time. The communication has always been fabulous. Roll on September but hopefully a few warm chilled months in between. Many thanks, K"
- "James, It's been a good season and undoubtedly there has been a massive improvement in not only the skill side but the kids starting to understand the game as well. Thanks for all your hard work over the season and I hope you have a good summer. Cheers, H"
- "Dear James, Just wanted to say that I think the under 7s have had a fantastic year of rugby training. Thinking of B, my own son, there is no doubt that his skills and confidence have developed enormously over the course of the year, a direct result of all the excellent (and extremely well organised) coaching. No mean feat considering how many boys and girls there are. B has loved the tournaments as well. Many thanks to yourself and all the other coaches for your dedication and enthusiasm. I hope you get to have a bit of time off over the summer... With very best wishes, H"
"Dear James, Thank you so much to you and your team. We really appreciate the dedication, enthusiasm and the time that everyone has given up to make this such a lovely club for the children. W has really enjoyed rugby this year, and has clearly learnt a lot! Seeing the delight with which the teams played 'proper' games yesterday was a joy to behold! Have a great summer and see you in September. Best wishes, P and S"